We encourage using a PC instead of a mobile device (phone or tablet) for a far better experience of the Hub. Aditionally, if you are navigating the Hub in a computer using the Microsoft Edge browser, click the User Guide below to see all the extra options you have!
Click this icon below to print the content.
Click this icon below to colour the content.
Click this icon below to highlight the content.
Click this icon below to write words or letters.
Click this icon below to erase colours, highlights or text.
September Themed Trivia Quiz!
- Question: What is the Latin name for the month of September?
○ Answer: September comes from the Latin word “septem,” which means
- Question: In which month does the autumnal equinox occur?
○ Answer: The autumnal equinox, marking the first day of fall, usually occurs in
- Question: Which famous playwright was born on September 26, 1565?
○ Answer: William Shakespeare
- Question: What is the birthstone for September?
○ Answer: Sapphire
- Question: In ancient Roman times, what harvest festival was celebrated in
○ Answer: The Saturnalia
- Question: Which American holiday is celebrated on the first Monday of September?
○ Answer: Labor Day
- Question: What is the September birth flower?
○ Answer: Aster
- Question: Which well-known Oktoberfest, a beer festival, often starts in September
and extends into October?
○ Answer: Munich Oktoberfest
- Question: In which constellation does the sun reside during most of September?
○ Answer: Virgo
- Question: September was originally the seventh month of the Roman calendar.
Which Roman emperor’s name is associated with this month?
○ Answer: Augustus Caesar
- Question: Which historic document, a cornerstone of American democracy, was
signed on September 17, 1787?
○ Answer: The United States Constitution
- Question: What are the traditional colours associated with fall leaves?
○ Answer: Red, orange, and yellow
- Question: What natural phenomenon causes leaves to change colour in the fall?
○ Answer: Decreased sunlight triggers the breakdown of chlorophyll, revealing
other pigments in leaves.
- Question: What is the name of the traditional British harvest festival celebrated in
○ Answer: Harvest Festival or Harvest Home
- Question: Which Shakespearean play features the line “Shall I compare thee to a
○ Answer: Sonnet 18 (“Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?”)